OpenCL at SC13
Unluckily I am not at SC13, so I’ll enjoy from a distance. Luckily I don’t miss one of the most beautiful 15km runs in the Netherlands. When there is more news, I’ll add to this post – below is mostly taken from the Khronos website and the SC2013 website.
Meet members of the OpenCL workgroup in Booth #4137 to get hot news from the OpenCL experts and an OpenCL reference card. Also learn about next year’s plans for IWOCL (International Workshop on OpenCL). Be sure not to miss the BOF on OpenCL 2.0 (in bold in the schedule).
Sunday, 17 November
|8:30 – 17:00||Tutorials||Structured Parallel Programming with Patterns||Michael McCool, James Reinders, Arch Robison, Michael Hebenstreit||302|
|8:30 – 17:00||Tutorials||OpenACC: Productive, Portable Performance on Hybrid Systems Using High-Level Compilers and Tools||Luiz DeRose, Alistair Hart, Heidi Poxon, James Beyer||401|
Monday, 18 November
|8:30 – 17:00||Tutorials||OpenCL: A Hands-On Introduction||Tim Mattson, Alice Koniges, Simon McIntosh-Smith||403|
Tuesday, 19 November
|11:00 & 15:00||ACM Student Research Competition Poster Reception||Introduction to OpenCL on FPGAs||AcceleWare||Altera booth|
|17:15 – 19:00||Short presentation||local_malloc: malloc for OpenCL __local memory [Poster]||John Kloosterman||Mile High Pre-Function|
Wednesday, 20 November
|11:00 & 15:00||Short presentation||Introduction to OpenCL on FPGAs||AcceleWare||Altera booth|
|16:00||Case Study||Accelerating Full Waveform Inversion via OpenCL on AMD GPUs||AcceleWare||AMD booth|
|17:30 – 19:00||BOF||OpenCL: Version 2.0 and Beyond||Tim Mattson, Ben Bergen, Simon McIntosh-Smith||405/406/407|
Thursday, 21 November
|11:30 – 12:00||Exhibitor Forum||OpenCL 2.0: Unlocking the Power of Your Heterogeneous Platform||Tim Mattson||501/502|
|10:30 – 11:00||Papers||General Transformations for GPU Execution of Tree Traversals||Michael Goldfarb, Youngjoon Jo, Milind Kulkarni||205/207|
|11:00 – 11:30||Papers||A Large-Scale Cross-Architecture Evaluation of Thread-Coarsening||Alberto Magni, Christophe Dubach, Michael F.P. O’Boyle||205/207|
|11:30 – 12:00||Papers||Semi-Automatic Restructuring of Offloadable Tasks for Many-Core Accelerators||Nishkam Ravi, Yi Yang, Tao Bao, Srimat Chakradhar||205/207|
|11:30 – 12:00||Short presentation||Introduction to OpenCL on FPGAs||AcceleWare||Altera booth|
|16:00 – 16:30||Paper||Accelerating Sparse Matrix-Vector Multiplication on GPUs using Bit-Representation-Optimized Schemes||Wai Teng Tang, Wen Jun Tan, Rajarshi Ray, Yi Wen Wong, Weiguang Chen, Shyh-hao Kuo, Rick Siow Mong Goh, Stephen John Turner, Weng-Fai Wong||401/402/403|
There are other interesting SC13-events around OpenCL, so be sure to check the schedule carefully.
Khronos Members Exhibiting at SC13
Complete floor plan is available here.
Below links are updated from the company-homepages to special SC13 landing-pages.
- Altera Corporation – Booth 4332.
- BittWare will be showcasing their TeraBox High Performance Reconfigurable Computing Platform, which runs OpenCL.
- Acceleware. See schedule above.
- AMD – Booth 1113. See this list for a schedule.
- ARM – Booth 3141.
- OpenCL on MALI demos at their booth
- AccelerEyes (#310) showcases ArrayFire (with OpenCL-on-ARM backend) running on Mali T604.
- Many more – just look for it.
- Khronos OpenCL – Booth 4137.
- IBM – Booth 126, 2713. OpenCL on IBM PowerLinux 7R2 and IBM Flex System. Also collaboration with Altera.
- Intel – Booth 2501, 2701. OpenCL on their CPUs and GPUs.
- NEC Corporation – 3109. Vector supercomputer – Khronos probably hints to OpenCL running on this machine – see for yourself.
- NVIDIA – Booth 613. Have fun hearing them say: “Do you use CUDA or are you locked-in to OpenCL?” and variations on this.
- Texas Instruments – Booth 3725. OpenCL on DSP demo.
- XilinX – To schedule a private appointment (for an OpenCL-demo) visit Xilinx at the Convey booth (#3547) or the Alpha Data booth (#4237).
At SC13 and saw great OpenCL demos or news?
Share this info and photos in the comments, for others to pick up.